This recipe was torn from a magazine whilst watching my daughter in her swimming squad. I think it was a Womens Weekly and this was a reader's recipe. Makes 12. Ensure all ingredients used are gluten free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 50 g butter, chopped
- 4 eggs, separated
- 118.29 ml milk (125ml)
- 4.92 ml vanilla essence
- 395.10 ml almond meal (200 grams)
- 14.79 ml cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml gluten free baking powder, ensure gluten free
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, firmly packed (100 grams)
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C if using fan forced oven. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- 2Melt chocolate and butter, until smooth. Can use the microwave if wished. Cool.
- 3Stir in the egg yolks, then gradually add the milk and vanilla.
- 4In another large bowl- Combine the almond meal, sifted cocoa and baking powder, sugar and chocolate bits. Stir this mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- 5Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer, until soft peaks form.
- 6Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- 7Fold in the remaining egg whites.
- 8Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- 9Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cooked.
- 10Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- 11Dust with sifted cocoa or pure icing sugar, if desired.
- 12These cakes are suitable to freeze.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudge Cupcakes - Gluten Free
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.9
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.3 mg
- Sodium 75.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free baking powder