1/3 Photos of Garlic and Rosemary Stuffed Sausages
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Adapted from an Australia Day BBQ recipe in the current issue of 'New Idea'. As I don't have a BBQ, when I make these I shall be panfrying them. Please feel free to vary the herbs so that you use your favourite herbs and to use the amount of garlic to meet your taste preferences. The discarded green end of the leek can be saved and used in my Vegetable Stock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 thick beef sausages or 8 thick pork sausages
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, washed carefully and finely chopped, discarding the coarser green ends
- 2 -4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup seasoned stuffing mix, mixture
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1Place the sausages in a large saucepan; cover with cold water; bring to the boil; simmer gently for 10 minutes; drain and cool.
- 2To make the stuffing, heat the oil in a large, preferably non-stick, pan; add the onion, leek and garlic cook, stirring occasionally, until soft; remove from the heat; add the stuffing mixtire, water, rosemary and nuts; season with salt and pepper; stir until well-combined.
- 3Cut lengthways slits in the sausages, taking care not to cut the sausages all the way through; divide the stuffing mixture among the sausages; wrap each sausage in a slice of prosciutto.
- 4Cook the sausages on a heated, oiled barbecue grill plate, turning occasionally, until browned all over and heated through.
- 5Serve with in your choice of rolls or bread slices and salad greens or sliced tomato or on a plate with salads.
- 6Notes: The sausages can be cooked and stuffed one day ahead of when you are planning to cook them.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic and Rosemary Stuffed Sausages
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned stuffing mix