Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious change to the regular Garlic Bread - with a delicious & tantalising flavour ... you'll have to make double the quantity because everyone is asking for more! more! more!!! I have also used other spice blends for this eg. Cajun or Outback blend
- 1 loaf French bread (stick or baguette)
- 150 g butter
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 14.78 ml dukkah
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Slice the french stick or baguette at 1" intervals. Don't slice right through the bottom.
- Mix together the butter, crushed garlic and dukkah.
- Butter both sides of each slice of bread with this mixture, spreading a little over the top of the french stick/baguette.
- Sprinkle a little more DUKKAH over the french stick then wrap up in foil & pop into the oven for 20-30 minutes at 170°C.
- Serve warm!
I acquired a taste for Dukkah a few years back when we did a tour of the wineries in our south west (then it was almost unheard of) and I just loved it as an edition to the garlic butter, unfortunately I couldn't use fresh parsley so gave a couple of teaspoons of the dried parsley and baked as directed though leaving the alfoil slightly open so the top of the bread crisps up a little. Tjank you An_NET, made for Bargain Basement.