1/3 Photos of Garlic Lovers Mashed Potatoes
One of my favourite mashes, and worth the extra effort of preparing the garlic cloves first.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring some water to the boil and drop in the garlic.
- 2Boil for 2 minutes, drain and peel.
- 3Melt half the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat and add the garlic.
- 4Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes, shaking the pan often.
- 5Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender-15-20 minutes.
- 6Drain well.
- 7Mash the potatoes, and return them to the pan with the remaining butter, salt and pepper.
- 8Mash the cooked garlic with a fork, and stir in the cream, heat this mixture, then beat it into the potato mix.
- 9Fold through most of the chives-reserving a few for garnish-and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Lovers Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.9
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 93.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g