From Australian's Women's Weekly Cookbook. Nice and light salad for warm summer nights. I would say that less meat per person could be used and I would add more vegetables.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lbs flank steaks, recipe calls for 'rump steak', less could be used
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and julienned
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Rub garlic over both sides of steak.
- Heat oil in frying pan, add steak, cook until browned on both sides and cooked as desired. Remove from pan. Cut steak into strips, reserve any juices.
- Cover onion with boiling water in heat proof bowl and let stand for 5 min, drain.
- Combine dressing ingredients.
- Combine steak, reserved juices, carrot, cucumber, onion and dressing in a large bowl.
Sort of like eating fresh pickles and steak. Very nice!
Great salad! Cukes don't really agree with me, so I left them out. I also added some fresh greens. Loved the dressing, thanks for posting.
This was really delicious. I enjoyed it so much. I used filet for my steak. Thanks, Deantini!