Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A nice change from garlic prawns--a great meal for a special dinner.
Make and share this Garlic Scallops recipe from Food.com.
- Fry garlic and onion in oil on a med-high heat for 2 mins, but don't allow to colour.
- Add scallops, lightly cook on 1 side for 20 seconds.
- Continue to turn and cook for another 20 seconds then remove from pan.
- On medium high heat, add the splash of wine and reduce for 1 minute.
- Add cream and reduce until the sauce thickens to a nice coating consistency.
- Add scallops, spring onions and gently toss in sauce for 1 minute.
- Place scallops on a mound of rice pilaf and pour over sauce, then garnish with parsley.
- You can always omit some scallops and add prawns.
I did turn this into Garlic Prawns as I couldn't find any decent scallops. Easy and great-tasting. I served this over linguine rather than rice. I have been asked to make this again - so it goes into the 'keeper' file.
I did start out to make this a scallop dish, but after seeing that it worked with prawns... that is what I decided to do. Green prawns are always a standby in my freezer! I made this outstanding recipe for Mother's Day& served it over rice. For such a quick and easy dish to prepare the result was amazing! Many thanks for sharing this recipe.
Very nice scallop dish, I loved the taste it was very delicious. Easy to prepare. The only change I made was I add prawns. Served with Turkish Bread. Thank you Latchy. RIP