Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was found on ABC.net's Western Australia website and Chef Kate Lamont from Nibblies with Kate. Quick and easy coleslaw without a mayonnaise dressing. Also included in the Zaar World Tour 2005, Australia.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- salt (to season)
- pepper (to season)
- 1 small green cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup watercress, stems removed and finely chopped
- In a small mixing bowl add minced garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and also the zest and juice of the lemons and orange. Set aside dressing.
- Place finely chopped cabbage, onion, and watercress in large mixing bowl. Pour half of the dressing over coleslaw, season with salt and pepper, and toss well to coat. Add more dressing as desired.
Yum! I shredded the cabbage (I used a napa) and left the arugula whole which I used in place of the watercress. We really like the flavor of the citrus, but I think I'll add a bit of sweetness next time. :)
I made this great salad this morning (half the recipe) and after sampling can't wait for dinner, lol. Wonderful flavor with a crisp crunch. Loved the citrus and garlic. All 5 fingers up.
Nice and light. Loved it!