1/3 Photos of George's No Meat Shepherds Pie
Sara 76's Note:
My son, George, isn't much of a meat eater (although he is improving! lol) and doesn't like the meat sauce in shepherds pie. We eat shepherds pie often, so I came up with this meat free alternative. He just loves it!! We actually make him single serves in ramekin dishes, but for this recipe I have modified it for a baking dish :) **Remember that muhrooms cook down quite a bit, so don't stress about it looking like too much beore you cook them.**
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large pan. Add carrots, and cook for 2 minutes. Add mushroom, pepper, garlic, and Italian Hebs. Reduce heat, and cover. Cook until mushrooms start to change colour, stirring occasionally.
- 2Dissolve corn flour in about 1/4 cup cold water, add to mushrooms. Stir through, and continue to simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, set aside to cool.
- 3Boil potatoes until tender. Mash with butter and milk.
- 4Using electric beaters, beat eggs into potatoes, until creamy.
- 5Pour mushrooms into a casserole dish, and top with potatoes.
- 6You can either spoon the potatoes on, or use a piping bag, for a nicer presentation.
- 7Top with cheese, and bake at 180C for around 30 minutes, or until cheese starts to brown.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for George's No Meat Shepherds Pie
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.3
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 127.0 mg
- Sodium 294.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs