If you like ginger, you will like this cordial. Note: this cordial should last for several weeks in the fridge. However, if it bubbles or looks odd, throw it out. Prep and cooking time does not include sterilisation of glass bottle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the water, sugar, ginger, rind and cream of tartar for 5 minutes.
- 2Add the lemon or lime juice.
- 3Bring to the boil again.
- 4Take off the heat, strain and pour into a sterilised bottle which will hold approximately 6 cups of liquid.
- 5Use like ordinary cordial, either with iced water for a cooling drink, or hot water for a warming drink on a winter's night.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Cordial
Serving Size: 1 (1092 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1563.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 403.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 399.6 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: