Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe of the day today on Taste. Russ and I love lettuce cups! Australian minced (ground) lamb contains about half the fat as listed in the (US) nutritional data.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 cm piece ginger, cut into julienne (matchsticks)
- 500 g ground lamb
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 bunch Broccolini, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1⁄2 cup torn basil leaves
- 1 iceberg lettuce, outer leaves discarded
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger, and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until garlic is golden and onion has softened. Add lamb, breaking up with a wooden spoon, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in stock, oyster sauce and sugar, and cook for a further 5 minutes or until liquid has reduced by three-quarters. Add broccolini and cook for a further 5 minutes or until broccolini is just tender and liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in basil.
- Separate lettuce leaves and wash under cold running water. Drain, then pat dry with a clean tea towel.
- Spoon stir-fry among lettuce cups to serve, then roll up tightly to eat.