Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
The Health Kick soup of all soups! This soup is incredibly good for colds, flus and other pesky symptoms that arise during the winter months! I cannot say enough about this soup because it is the healthiest and most tasty dish I have ever made. I love it and so will you! You can omit the coriander if it isn't your flavour, and substitute with lemongrass if you wish. If you don't want the fish, add chicken instead! Just as nice!
- Bring 6-8 cups of water to boil in a large pot and add lemon slices (squeeze them into the water and then throw them in the pot).
- Add as much ginger and garlic as you can handle! the more, the better - reduce heat to low.
- Julienne (long ultra-thin slices) carrot and scallions and add to pot.
- Slice fish (or chicken if you want to substitute) into bite size pieces and add to soup mix - bring back to boil for 1-2 minute, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Variation: add fresh chilli sparingly, if you like it hot!
- Lemongrass is a wonderful additive if you have it in your pantry.
Made this with some frozen fish that I had. Loved it. Great flavor. I did add a teaspoon of Old Bay just for a little more flavor. Wife and kids loved it. So easy to make. I'll save this recipe.
Oh my gosh this is good! I added a bit of Savoy cabbage midway and some thin egg noodles at the end, and YUUMM! Thanks for such an enjoyable soup!
Wow! What an unusual experience, and one we will readily repeat! I made fish stock with prawn shells and fish wings, and used this instead of the water recommended. I used mahi mahi and scallops in the recipe. We took the lemon slices out during cooking, as the flavour was over-powering everything else. All in all, a very pleasant and enjoyable soup. Thank you for sharing it with us!! :-)