Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A cool way to use peaches, adapted from BH&G! Peach seeds were carried all over the world. They grow best in warm temperate climates and were grown in Persia before being transported to Europe. Because the Romans thought that peaches came from Persia, they were given the botanical name prunus persica. In 1629, peach seeds were ordered by the Governor of Massachusetts Bay Colony. It is believed that Spaniards brought peaches to the United States, Central and South America. The Spanish missionairies planted the first peach trees in California. Georgia grows peaches and they are popular all over the USA. They are also very popular in Australia.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, sugar, lemon juice, and ground ginger.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add frozen peaches. Let stand about a half hour or till peaches are thawed and mix has cooled.
- Add peach mix, half at a time, to a blender container. Cover and blend till smooth.
- Move blended mix to a 2 quart rectangular baking dish. Cover and freeze for 3 to 4 hours.
- Break up the mix with fork tines, and spoon into dessert dishes. Top with fresh peach slices. Enjoy!