Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Gluten free, allergy failsafe (as per Sue Dengate's book to things like salicylates, amines, food dyes) and dairy free.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour or 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin, powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 small eggs, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 cup pear, puree
- 1⁄2 cup golden syrup
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat over to 180°C.
- Oil muffin tins (12 very large muffins) or equivalent.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine egg, brown sugar, pear puree, golden syrup and oil.
- Stir in dry ingredients until just moist.
- Spoon batter into tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked.
- Ice with plain white or citric acid flavoured icing if required.