Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Gluten free, allergy failsafe (as per Sue Dengate's book to things like salicylates, amines, food dyes) and dairy free.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour or 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin, powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 small eggs, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 cup pear, puree
- 1⁄2 cup golden syrup
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat over to 180°C.
- Oil muffin tins (12 very large muffins) or equivalent.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine egg, brown sugar, pear puree, golden syrup and oil.
- Stir in dry ingredients until just moist.
- Spoon batter into tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked.
- Ice with plain white or citric acid flavoured icing if required.