1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is from the Australian Women's Weekly - June 200. It is a breeze to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup soya flour or 1 cup besan flour
- 3/4 cup maize cornflour (100% corn)
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots (about two medium carrots)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1CARROT CAKE: Preheat the oven to moderately slow (160c).
- 2Grease a deep 20cm round cake tin, line the base and sides with baking paper.
- 3Sift flours, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and spice into a large bowl.
- 4Stir in the sugar, carrot and walnuts.
- 5Stir in the combined oil, cream and eggs until smooth.
- 6Pour the mixture into prepared cake tin and bake in a moderately slow oven for about one hour.
- 7Stand the cake for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire cake rack to cool.
- 8Top cake with Orange Frosting.
- 9ORANGE FROSTING: Beat the cheese and the rind in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 10Gradually beat in the sifted icing sugar until smooth.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Carrot Cake with Orange Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.5
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 272.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 52.1 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free baking powder