Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I make potted pies for my family I always used frozen sheets of puff pastry for the top. Now being gluten free I either use mashed potato or breadcrumb topping. Here's my version of the crumb topping. You can easily vary the amounts to suit your taste or use a different cheese. I usually make breadcrumbs out of GF bread that is becoming stale and freeze them for future use. The pie in the photo I am posting was heated for 30 minutes at 200C....for a longer period of time use a lower temp. The topping can also be placed under the griller to brown over an already cooked pie filling.
- 4 slices gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese (tasty, cheddar, parmesan)
- 1 dash dried basil
- Mix the breadcrumbs and the grated cheese.
- Spread over the top of the pie.
- Sprinkle with dried basil or herb of your choice.
- Cook as for regular pastry pies.