Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in an allergy cookbook some time back. Not sure now of the source. When making the pasta--if it too wet add in some extra rice flour, too dry add in a little extra olive oil or water. Use a finely milled rice flour. You can substitute the brown rice flour for a bean flour if desired. Don't be tempted to omit the salt as it adds to the flavour of the finished pasta. A little work but nothing beats having fresh pasta
- Combine eggs, water and oil using a food processor. Blend thoroughly.
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend until the mixture forms a ball.
- Break the dough up into two pieces and blend again until it forms one ball again.
- Transfer the dough to a pastry board that has been lightly dusted with a fine rice flour or other GF flour.
- Flatten the dough a little, using your rolling pin. Then use two sheets of a quality baking paper to roll the dough between until the pasta is very thin.
- You can use a pasta roller. If the dough is not heavy enough- add in some extra tapioca flour.
- Cut pasta into desired shapes.
- Cook pasta in boiling slated water until al dente. The time to cook will depend on the thickness of the pasta.
- Use as you would regular pasta.
- OPTIONS- add 1 teaspoon of dried basil and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt when adding the flour, Add 1/2 teaspoon chilli paste or powder, add 1/4 cup tomato juice in place of the 1/4 cup of water, add pepper and garlic juice.