Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This cake is very light but can also be used for other recipes such as trifles, swiss rolls and I even substitute it for lady fingers used in tiramisu.
- Sift cornflour, baking powder and salt together.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- Gradually beat in sugar until mixture forms a figure 8.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Divide into 2 well greased 20 cm (8") sandwich pans.
- Bake at 180 C or 350 F for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire rack.
- When cool, top one with whipped cream and jam (jelly).
- Place the other on top and dust with icing sugar.