This cake is very light but can also be used for other recipes such as trifles, swiss rolls and I even substitute it for lady fingers used in tiramisu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift cornflour, baking powder and salt together.
- 2Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- 3Beat in egg yolks.
- 4Gradually beat in sugar until mixture forms a figure 8.
- 5Fold in the dry ingredients.
- 6Divide into 2 well greased 20 cm (8") sandwich pans.
- 7Bake at 180 C or 350 F for about 20 minutes.
- 8Remove from pans and cool on wire rack.
- 9When cool, top one with whipped cream and jam (jelly).
- 10Place the other on top and dust with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Sponge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.7
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 61.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g