1/1 Photo of Gluten-Free Waffles
Waffles are easy to make using a waffle iron. A great addition to a gluten-free diet. They can be made sweet or savoury. Great for a dessert topped with ice-cream and pure maple syrup, or savoury with scrambled eggs. You can add in finely chopped herbs, spices, finely sliced ham , finely grated apple and cinnamon, lemon rind or zest to the batter for some variations, finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, a little seeded mustard--whatever you fancy really. NOTE: as with all gluten-free flour different blends can absorb more liquid. Add etra milk if required to make batter a spreading consistency. This batter should spread easily with a knife or spoon into your waffle maker. It's a thick batter but spreadable with a knife. My wafflemaker takes about 1/4 cup per waffle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites until stiff; set aside.
- 2Combine the flour and baking powder and then sift it into the milk.
- 3Add the sugar and oil to the flour mix. Whisk well to a smooth batter. Stir in the egg whites and continue to whisk until the batter is smooth.
- 4Preheat waffle iron. Lightly oil or use a spray oil. Cook each waffle 3-5 minutes until done.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.7
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 112.5 mg
- Sodium 59.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free baking powder