This is such a beautifully presented dish and will suit the taste of just about anyone who enjoys goats cheese. The balsmic vinegar is an intrigal part of this dish and should not be substituted! If you enjoy gourmet cheese, this is wonderful and simple! The tomato and onions and puff pastry can be prepared in advance and refrigerated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare 2 tomatoes (halved) by roasting them in the oven on baking paper, until semi-soft, about 30 minutes.
- 2In the meantime sauté onions until soft. Add 3 tablesspoons of balsamic vinegar and all the sugar and cook until the liquid has reduced and onions are soft and caramelised.
- 3While onions are cooking cut puff pastry sheets in half to form 4 triangle. Trim the triangle by 1cm and place the 1cm strips around the very edge of the triangles to form a 'case' for the filling. Use a little cooking spray on the edge to bond the pastry.
- 4Place the puff pastry in the oven and brown very slightly 5-10 minutes (place on rack under the tomatoes).
- 5Arrange saute onions evenly on the semi-cooked pastry. followed by chunks of roasted tomato and goats cheese on top.
- 6Bake at 200ºC in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes or until pastry is crisp golden.
- 7Toss salad leaves and sliced cucumber with remaining balsmic vinegar (& a little olive oil if desired).
- 8Arrange mixed salad on a plate and position the cooked pastry next to the salad.
- 9I always add a splash more of the balsmic vinegar to the recipe when serving, as it gives the whole meal a wonderful flavour and compiments the onion and tomato beautifully!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goats Cheese & Caramelised Onion Tart
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 842.8
- Calories from Fat 508
- Total Fat 56.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.4 mg
- Sodium 449.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: