Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Turn cauliflower into a wonderful spicy soup. Posted for ZWT 5.
Make and share this Golden Cauliflower Spice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 large green chili pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 1 cup chicken, or
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 lime, grated rind and juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar
- In a heavy-based frying pan, dry roast the cumin, mustard and fenugreek seeds, until the mustard seeds start to pop and then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently cook the onion, pepper, ginger, garlic, and chilis until tender but not brown.
- Stir in turmeric and roasted seeds with the coconut cream, stock, ground almonds, and cauliflower. Simmer gently for 12-15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Stir regularly. Season with lime rind, juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.