An easy and quick mix biscuit (cookie) dough to make. You can use 3 teaspoons of ginger powder instead of 3 teaspoons of cinnamon powder. These biscuits (cookies) are great dunking biscuits. The bicuits (cookies) do have a bit of crunch in them.
- Combine butter, golden syrup and sugars in medium heavy-based pan, stir over low heat until butter is melted; cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cinnamon.
- Roll rounded teaspoons of mixture into balls, pleace about 2cm (approx. 1 inch) apart on greased oven trays, flatten with a floured (or gluten free floured) fork until 1cm (just under 1/2 inch) thick.
- Bake in hot oven (450F to 475F, or 230C to 230C, or Gas Mark 6) for about 12 minutes or until browned.
- Stand 1 minute before lifting onto wire racks to cool.