1/6 Photos of " Golden Circle " - Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
1 hr 10 mins
This is the best pineapple upside-down cake! My mother has the same recipe in a book from the 1970's and the same recipe is still available/posted on the Golden Circle website currently. Golden Circle is an Australian brand and canned from Australian grown products Sadly -this recipe I have not yet tried to make as gluten-free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 450 g sliced pineapple in syrup (Golden Circle brand, of course!)
- 60 g butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 red glace cherries
- 1Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- 2PINEAPPLE LAYER:.
- 3Melt the butter and pour into the base of a 20cm round cake tin; also brush the butter around the sides of the tin.
- 4Sprinkle the brown sugar over the base of the tin. Arrange the pineapple rings (a flat single layer)in the tin and place a cherry into the centre of each ring.
- 5CAKE BATTER:.
- 6Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 7Beat in the egg and the vanilla.
- 8Sift the flour and fold into the mixture, alternating with the milk.
- 9Pour the cake batter over the pineapple and cherries.
- 10Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- 11Remove the cake from the oven and loosen the cake from the sides of the tin.
- 12Invert the cake onto a serving plate. Enjoy either warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Golden Circle " - Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.6
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 375.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 35.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: