1/8 Photos of Gomae - Japanese Style Spinach Salad
Chef floWer's Note:
This is Chef floWers version of Spinach Gomae. It's a side dish I often ordered at my favourite Japanese restaurant (before it closed down.) I found a visual version on you tube and since I couldn't find a recipe on www.recipezaar.com I thought I would add it to Zaar's collection. We all love this salad and my daughter can eat the whole serving (if I let her). I often double the recipe, so she can have extra greens, well it worked for Popeye The Sailor Man. Ayyye
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1Toast sesame seeds until slightly brown, you will smell the scent of the sesame seeds when it’s ready.
- 2Reserve small amount of the sesame seed for the garnish.
- 3Place the rest on a plate and crush (you could do this in a processor as well), then place in a bowl.
- 4Add water, soy, sugar into the bowl with the sesame seed. (If you are using the food processor then add these ingredients into the processor). Set aside until Spinach is ready.
- 5To cook the spinach: Add a pinch of salt into a pot of boiling hot water. Mix then add spinach for one minute (ONLY ONE MINUTE or the recipe is ruined).
- 6Pour the spinach and water into a colander and run cold tap water to cool down the spinach, this will stop it from cooking more.
- 7Squish the spinach with your hands, until all the moister is out of the spinach (you are only left with a small hand full of spinach).
- 8Cut spinach into strips (You could skip this part).
- 9Place spinach onto serving bowls and drizzle the dressing onto the spinach, then add reserved sesame seed as garnish.
- 10Enjoy Chef floWers Gomae - Japanese Style Spinach Salad.
- 11www dot recipezaar dot com.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gomae - Japanese Style Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 880.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.7 g