Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Two different variations to a wonderful treat. They are To Die FOR. They look extremely pretty too. Freezing time not included in cook time. Recipe from Marie Claire Style "sweet" by Jody Vassallo
- HEALTHY BANANA LOLLIES: Roughly chop banans.
- Put bananas, honey, yoghurt and soya milk in a blender and blend it till smooth and very thick.
- Pour into popsicle trays and stand sticks upright in the centre.
- Freeze until solid, then rub the base of the tray with a warm damp cloth to aid releasing the lollies.
- Kick back and enjoy this refreshing HEALTHY treat.
- EVIL BANANA LOLLIES: After releasing the lollies from the tray, dip the frozen lollies in melted white chocolate, then roll them in chopped pistachio nuts.
These are so good! I didn't even make them evil! Just to mix it up a bit, I started making them with just mangoes, got the urge to toss a banana in there, so I did. I ended up with some extra mix (about 8 ounces)because I wasn't sure how much mango I should use in place of the 3 remaining bananas, but DH drank it as a smoothie anyway. Oh, all I had was regular skim milk and vanilla lowfat yogurt, so I had to make those substitutions. I think it all evened out in the end, because the recipe just had the vanilla flavor in the milk rather than the yogurt. Yummy, yummy, yummy!