Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
a Kraft Vegemite recipe
Make and share this Gourmet Chicken Burger (Australia) recipe from Food.com.
- 375 g chicken, minced
- 75 g chopped bacon
- 1⁄2 onion, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegemite
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 Spanish onion, sliced
- French fries, to serve
- COMBINE mince, bacon, onion, Vegemite and bread crumbs, in a bowl and mix well. Shape into 4 burgers, and then toss in flour until coated.
- PREHEAT and lightly grease a BBQ grill with the oil and cook burgers for 10-12 minutes each side or until browned and thoroughly cooked.
- TOAST the buns under a hot grill until golden. Spread each side with Miracle Whip, then top with the burger, avocado, tomato and onion, top with the lid and serve immediately with French fries.
*Reviewed during ZWT5 Family Picks for Australia with Chow Hounds Team* My family enjoyed this burger as it was a little different to our norm. The Vegemite took place of salt in the recipe and added extra savoury flavour. Miracle Whip seems to be a recent addition to our supermarket shelves and my non-mayo husband actually liked it. Through all the eating noises...the only grumble that I heard was that little tummies were getting way to full.....but they kept on eating and none was left! Thanks for a yummy family-friend;y meal that was really easy to put together. We served with home-made potato wedges on the side. Photo also being posted