Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A low calorie breakfast treat.
Make and share this Grated Apple Pikelets recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 apple, peeled grated
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg white
- Combine flour, bicarb, 3 tsp splenda and 1/2 cup apple in bowl.
- Make well in centre.
- Beat milk and eggwhite and pour into well.
- Stir gently until smooth batter forms.
- Cook - makes up to 12 small pikelets - sprinkle the remaining splenda on top.
Nice apple pancake that makes a great breakfast treat! The apple flavor really comes through in this. I served mine sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar; next time I'll probably add some cinnamon to the batter. Thanks for posting your recipe!