1/2 Photos of Gratin Dauphinois Aussie Style
1 hr 5 mins
A simpler and less expensive version of Gratin Dauphinois but a rich filling vegetable dish. Or can be served with a salad for lunch. If you are a garlic lover more cloves of garlic can be used. Cheddar cheese can be used instead of Gruyere cheese. Just put your own flair to this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and slice thinly.
- 2Rub a shallow ovenproof dish with crushed garlic, then butter the dish generously.
- 3Arrange potato slices in layers in the dish.
- 4Scald milk and add nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Pour over potatoes in dish.
- 6Sprinkle with cheese and dot with remaining butter.
- 7Bake in a moderate oven for 40 to 50 minutes until potatoes are tender and golden.
- 8Serve in the dish.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gratin Dauphinois Aussie Style
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.2
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 113.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 7.1 g