Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another find at the hairdressers. Haven't tried this but will soon. Just wanted to post here instead of holding on to a piece of paper. This came from a British magazine.
- Blanch beans in salted water for 1 minute, then plunge into cold water.
- Heat oil over high heat. As soon as oil smokes add mustard and cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- When seeds crackle add ginger and chillies. Stir fry for a moment then add beans and heat through.
- Add coconut, sugar, lime, coriander and nuts.
- Toss together and season with salt.
Very good and very easy.Takes no time at all, and gives a lovely spicy twist to beans, which combined with the cashew nuts is totally delectable! I didn't use the coconut because I don't like it, sorry about that, but we really enjoyed this and I will definitely be making it again, I could have made twice as much and still have had no leftovers! Made for Aussie/NZ swap #25, February 09