Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
For Zaar World Tour - Australia - from Chef Bill Granger. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May 2007)
Make and share this Green Bean, Orange and Green Olive Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 12 ounces French haricots vert or 12 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 3 oranges, peel and pith cut away
- 1⁄2 cup small green olives
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- To make the dressing, whisk together first three ingredients (oil - honey)in a small bowl or jar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook beans in boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until crisp tender. Drain, rinse and pat dry.
- ***Both the dressing and beans can be made 2 hours ahead, let stand at room temperature.***.
- Cut oranges in half, then crosswise into 1/3 inch thick slices.
- Place orange slices in large salad bowl.
- Add remainder ofthe ingredients (olives and parsley), beans and dressing. Toss.
This salad really WOW's people. I made a double batch for a bridal shower and it was a hit. For the dressing I also added a teaspoon of dried roasted garlic chips, and a teaspoon of onion powder. I think you could switch this up a bit to make an asisan style salad by adding rice wine vinegar in place of the red wine vinegar and perhaps a teaspoon or two of sesame oil.
Very cool and refreshing on a hot summer afternoon. I let the beans macerate in the dressing for 2 hours, then tossed with the remaining ingredients--served over mixed baby greens--lovely! Thanks, Ellie