Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 mins
Nice fingerfood. Yummy with sweet chilli sauce or (my favourite) a mix of soy, rice wine vinegar and chili/sesame oil.
- 500 g ground chicken
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1⁄4 cup green curry paste (Aussies, I like Valcom)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except oil together using your (clean) hands.
- With damp hands, roll about 2 teaspoons of mix into a bowl; place on a large plate, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Fill a wok or saucepan 1/3 full with oil: heat over medium heat until hot.
- Cook chicken balls 4-5 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Allow the oil to come back to temperature before continuing with another batch.
Delicious! I used Thai Green Paste as a sub for the green curry paste b/c I was unable to buy it in northern Wisconsin. Because the sub in had coriander or cilantro already in it I did not add more to the meatball. I used 1/8 cup of the paste, DS said it could have had more and DH said it was right on for spiciness. I made a concoction of cocktail sauce and nonfat yogurt for the dipping sauce and enjoyed that too. Thanks Just Jan for sharing. Made for Ed'n 8: MAKE MY RECIPE.
5 stars for these seriously yummy chickenballs. These were a hit with my whole family. The kids thought they were a "bit warm" until they had "just the right amount of sour cream and sweet chilli sauce" on them. I thought that they were perfect. Would make a great party fingerfood. I used gluten-free rice crumbs in place of the dried breadcrumbs to make these gluten-free suitable. Also used Valcom brand green curry sauce which is also my favourite bottled brand. Photo also being posted :)