Want to ensure juicy great tasting burgers for barbecuing? Try this! This is a basic recipe, actually more of a technique. Season with the rub to kick it up, or use your own. From Woman's Day magazine, they say to feed your friends and you'll get a reputation for the best burgers in town.
- 3⁄4 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 lb ground chuck
- 3 tablespoons crushed ice
- seasoning, : (The Only Rub You'll Ever Need)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Combine sirloin with the ground chuck and crushed ice.
- Divide into 5 quarter pound patties, sprinkle with rub if desired, and grill to your liking.
- The sirloin makes them lower in fat, the chuck gives them more flavor and the ice keeps them moist.
- To make the rub combine seasonings and place in a jar. Use to sprinkle on chicken, fish, pork or beef before grilling.
- Makes about 2/3 cup and seasons about 4 pounds of meat. Enjoy!