Sizzling Summer recipe! Fresh and yummy! Plan ahead- Needs to marinate for at least 2 hours! Note: I have tried this with frozen corn rather than fresh and it was equally yummy. Canned corn will not give you as crisp a texture but is very good too. Source: National Chicken Council/U.S. Poultry & Egg Association
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 lemon
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 ears of corn, kernels removed from cob, about 1 cup kernels or 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Using vegetable peeler, peel lemon. In large shallow glass baking dish, place lemon peel strips and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add chicken breast halves and marinate in refrigerator for at least two hours or up to overnight.
- Bring a small saucepan of salted water to boil. Add corn kernels and simmer 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- Make relish by combining in large bowl the corn, red pepper dice, green pepper dice, yellow pepper dice, onion, garlic and parsley. Stir well to combine.
- Add remaining 5 tablespoons olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Prepare grill.Place chicken breasts on grill and cook until golden brown on one side, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken breasts, season with remaining salt and pepper and return to grill.
- Continue cooking until golden and cooked throughout, about 4 to 5 minutes more.
- To serve, slice each chicken breast on the diagonal into 4 or 5 slices. Top with relish.