1/2 Photos of Grilled Chuck Roast With Vegetables.
1 hr 54 mins
1 hr 34 mins
My friend, Kendra, gave this to me and we like it too. Time given does not include the marinating. I use the snack size of tomato juice-trying to wash fewer dishes. LOL! A charcoal fire is tricky so you should check it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 1/2 ounces tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs beef chuck roast, about 2 to 2 1/2 inches thick
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 parsnips (optional)
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces (optional)
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves (or more)
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Pop tab of tomato juice, add through opening brown sugar, celery salt, garlic powder, pepper, and salt--shake it up.
- 2Pierce roast several times and put into ziplock bag.
- 3Pour tomato juice marinade over beef chuck roast.
- 4Refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- 5Preheat grill for 10 minutes if it is a gas grill, or if it is a charcoal grill try to get coals to MEDIUM HIGH fire.
- 6Discard marinade from roast.
- 7Grill roast at MEDIUM HIGH directly on grate with hood down until well seared, about 20 minutes.
- 8Line foil pan with enough foil so that later you can SEAL it.
- 9In small bowl, mix beef broth, thyme, and salt.
- 10Place seared meat, veggies, and garlic in pan; pour broth mixture over all.
- 11SEAL with foil, grill for about 75 minutes-hood down.
- 12Remove roast, let rest for 10 minutes, and then slice meat and serve with veggies.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chuck Roast With Vegetables.
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.5
- Calories from Fat 401
- Total Fat 44.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 156.5 mg
- Sodium 409.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 44.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: