Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sprinkled with brown sugar, the figs are grilled for several minutes until they are tender and exploding with flavor and then paired with a dollop of creamy honey ricotta. Adapted from About.com.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Trim fig stems, if any, and cut figs in half length-ways.
- Lightly butter a shallow baking dish. Place the figs curved side down in the dish. Sprinkle each fig with a little brown sugar. Sprinkle nuts over figs, if using.
- Grill figs for about 3-4 minutes or until the sugar starts to bubble.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta and honey in a bowl and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Remove figs from the oven and gently place on serving plates with a dollop of honey ricotta.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve. Enjoy!