3 hrs 30 mins
From www.australian-lamb.com Marination for 2-3 hours to overnight. Serve with a green salad for a complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 australian lamb racks, frenched
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Combine the marinade ingredients and mix well.
- 2Pour marinade into a large flat glass or ceramic dish. Add the lamb, turning to coat all sides.
- 3Marinate in the refrigerator, meat side down, for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- 4To make orzo salad, cook pasta according to directions on packet and drain well.
- 5While allowing orzo to cool slightly, cut the kernels from the fresh corn.
- 6Combine pasta, corn, juice, zest and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Remove the meat from the marinade and pat dry.
- 8Place the marinade in a small pan and bring to a boil. It is important that the mixture comes to a rapid boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid starts to thicken slightly and become glossy. Keep warm.
- 9Heat grill to medium high, and cook the lamb racks for 5-6 minutes each side for medium-rare, or as desired. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- 10Spoon orzo salad onto a large platter and place whole racks on top, or separate lamb into 3-4 chop portions and serve on individual plates.
- 11Spoon glaze over and serve with a green salad.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Honey-And-Garlic Lamb Rack With Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 92.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: