Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This delicious, simple dessert comes from "recipes +" magazine, January 2009. Be sure to buy an un-iced madeira cake!
- 250 g strawberries, quartered
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 250 g fresh ricotta
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, finely grated
- 225 g madeira cake, cut into 2cm slices
- cooking spray
- Place strawberries, juice and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a small bowl; toss to coat strawberries. Cover with plastic wrap, chill for 30 minutes or until slightly syrupy.
- Meanwhile, place ricotta, zest and remaining sugar in a small bowl; mix well to combine.
- Heat a char-grill pan over moderate heat. Spray cake with oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- To serve, transfer the cake to plates. Top with ricotta mixture and berries. Drizzle with syrup and serve at once.
Oh yum! Used the recipe from goodtoknow for the madeira cake and had to use my last meyer lemon as a substitute for the orange zest and juice. What a difference in grilling the cake, will probably make this again since it was a hit with the three of us. Made for recipe swap #56. Thanks for sharing.