I like to use a butter lettuce for this recipe. You can also subsitute think leg ham for the ham steaks.
- olive oil, for greasing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ham steaks (about 600g)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices fresh pineapple, peeled, halved
- 8 slices ciabatta
- 8 lettuce leaves, washed, trimmed
- 50 g snow pea sprouts
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- extra Dijon mustard, to serve
- Brush a chargrill with olive oil to lightly grease and preheat on medium-high.
- Combine the mustard, brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a small bowl.
- Brush the ham steaks on both sides with the mustard mixture and cook on the preheated chargrill for 2 minutes on each side or until heated through.
- Halve the ham steaks, season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Cook the pineapple slices on the preheated chargrill for 2 minutes on each side or until just warmed through.
- Toast or chargrill the sliced bread until golden.
- Top each slice of toasted bread with lettuce, snow pea sprouts, a warm ham steak, a pineapple slice and red onion. Serve with extra mustard.