Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A fabulous dish served at the Kedron Park Hotel in Brisbane Queensland Australia. The chef uses a Barkers Creek Pork Sirloin But a more economical cut may be substituted. I enjoy this with a nice coonawara chardonnay or 6.
- Boil kumera in plenty of water seasoned with salt and pepper until soft.
- Strain and mash with 100 ml cream.
- Heat a pan and brush with oil.
- Brown pork on both sides and remove.
- Place pork on an oven tray and bake at 240° for 15 minutes.
- Pour stock into pan and turn up the heat add cream and reduce by half.
- Pour in marsala and return to boil.
- Stir in applesauce or chutney.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Place mash in centre of plate and place the pork on top.
- Spoon the sauce over the pork, garnish with rosemary or fried shaved kumara And serve with plenty of steamed greens.
Very honest dish, i finished the pork in the sauce, delish !