1/2 Photos of Grilled Salmon With Cucumber Salad (Australia)
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe came from an Australian recipes website & is poste here for the Zaar World Tour 5. Preparation time does not include the 24 hours needed for the salmon to marinate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE STEAKS
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks, scaled
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup olive oil
FOR THE SALAD
- 1Leave skin on the salmon & place it in a shallow dish.
- 2In a small bowl, blend together the garlic, coriander, mustard, ketchup, Tabasco, vinegar, sugar, salt & pepper, then gradually stir in the oil. Pour marinade over the salmon & leave it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- 3Peel cucumbers, then slice thinly. Place in a colander & sprinkle with salt, then let stand for 1 hour.
- 4Heat grill or barbecue.
- 5Gently squeeze the liquid from the cucumbers, then add pepper to taste & mix with chopped mint. Stir in the yogurt.
- 6Grill salmon until cooked, about 15-20 minutes, brushing with marinade as it cooks.
- 7Best served hot, with new potatoes & the cucumber salad.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Salmon With Cucumber Salad (Australia)
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.8
- Calories from Fat 495
- Total Fat 55.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 101.2 mg
- Sodium 383.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar