This recipe came from an Australian recipes website & is poste here for the Zaar World Tour 5. Preparation time does not include the 24 hours needed for the salmon to marinate.
FOR THE STEAKS
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks, scaled
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
FOR THE SALAD
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- Leave skin on the salmon & place it in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, blend together the garlic, coriander, mustard, ketchup, Tabasco, vinegar, sugar, salt & pepper, then gradually stir in the oil. Pour marinade over the salmon & leave it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Peel cucumbers, then slice thinly. Place in a colander & sprinkle with salt, then let stand for 1 hour.
- Heat grill or barbecue.
- Gently squeeze the liquid from the cucumbers, then add pepper to taste & mix with chopped mint. Stir in the yogurt.
- Grill salmon until cooked, about 15-20 minutes, brushing with marinade as it cooks.
- Best served hot, with new potatoes & the cucumber salad.
Yum, I really enjoyed this salmon! The cucumber salad went with it nicely but the salmon was the star! Thanks! Made for PRMR game.
What a great marinate for the salmon, I was lucky enought weather wise to get out and grill these. The cucumber salad was a nice addition and right now I have cukes in the gardent. Thanks for a great recipe.
Really great and complimentary flavors. It was a bit cool here to grill outside so I panned fried the salmon along with the reserved marinade and that worked wonderfully. Only other change I made was to use 1/2 tsp of dried mint because I didn't have fresh. Was absolutely terrific served along with some minted new potatoes.