This recipe originally came from Quick Cooking. The time it takes to cook can vary a lot depending upon the heat of the fire, the size of the potato, or how you package it up. When we are in a hurry, I have even cut the potato into chunks and divided it up between four pieces of foil. It is super easy, healthy, and goes well with pork chops or Grilled Ham Steak. When we go camping this is often on our menu. Sometimes I have put the honey on before grilling, and I think that is okay, too.
- Cut two pieces of heavy duty foil, about 18 X 12 inches; place a potato half onto each piece of foil.
- Spread cut side with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold foil over potatoes and seal tightly.
- Grill covered, over medium hot heat for 50 minutes, or until tender, turning once.
- To serve, fluff potatoes with a fork and drizzle with honey.