This recipe originally came from Quick Cooking. The time it takes to cook can vary a lot depending upon the heat of the fire, the size of the potato, or how you package it up. When we are in a hurry, I have even cut the potato into chunks and divided it up between four pieces of foil. It is super easy, healthy, and goes well with pork chops or Grilled Ham Steak. When we go camping this is often on our menu. Sometimes I have put the honey on before grilling, and I think that is okay, too.
- Cut two pieces of heavy duty foil, about 18 X 12 inches; place a potato half onto each piece of foil.
- Spread cut side with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold foil over potatoes and seal tightly.
- Grill covered, over medium hot heat for 50 minutes, or until tender, turning once.
- To serve, fluff potatoes with a fork and drizzle with honey.
Delish! This was so simple both in preparation and in taste which let the real flavor come thru. Thanks WiGal for sharing this nice keeper. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
We loved these sweet potatoes! They took less time than what the recipe called for. I thought that I would need to add some more salt and/or butter to them at the table, but they were perfect! So perfect that we even skipped the honey. Ours turned out just like mashed sweet potatoes inside the skin. So delicious! And easy too. We will definitely be making these again. Thanks for posting!
Delicious! We loved this quick, easy and very yummy way to prepare sweet potatoes. I cooked these on the grill with a beer can chicken, using hickory wood chips. The slight smokiness from the wood chips and the sweetness from the honey made these potatoes a new family favorite. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. *Made for Zaar Stars tag game*