1/5 Photos of Grilled Sweet Potatoes
This recipe originally came from Quick Cooking. The time it takes to cook can vary a lot depending upon the heat of the fire, the size of the potato, or how you package it up. When we are in a hurry, I have even cut the potato into chunks and divided it up between four pieces of foil. It is super easy, healthy, and goes well with pork chops or Grilled Ham Steak. When we go camping this is often on our menu. Sometimes I have put the honey on before grilling, and I think that is okay, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut two pieces of heavy duty foil, about 18 X 12 inches; place a potato half onto each piece of foil.
- 2Spread cut side with butter.
- 3Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Fold foil over potatoes and seal tightly.
- 5Grill covered, over medium hot heat for 50 minutes, or until tender, turning once.
- 6To serve, fluff potatoes with a fork and drizzle with honey.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 76.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 1.1 g