Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from Australian Delicious magazine.
Make and share this Haloumi Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 400 g halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 300 g cooked spiral pasta
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander
- naan bread, and
- mango chutney, to serve
- Cut the haloumi into 1cm cubes.
- Mix dried spices together.
- Toss haloumi in 1 tablespoon oil and all the dry spices.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until softened.
- Add the haloumi and curry leaves, and cook until haloumi is golden.
- Add the tomato and chilli flakes, then bring to the boil.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir in the pasta and cook until heated through.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the coriander.
- Serve with naan and chutney.