Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for breakfast, picnics or just a snack.
Make and share this Ham and Egg Pies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 slices ham (thin)
- 12 eggs
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Lightly oil a 12 hole muffin pan.
- Line moulds with a slice of ham so the ends stick out over the top.
- Break an egg into each hollow, top with tomato and scatter with chives, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until egg is set.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around each mould to loosen ham.
- Cool on rack.
Impressive dish for something that was quick and easy to make! I used 2 thin slices of black forest ham per cup - it gave the tops a nice "ruffled" look. Subbed green onion for the chives and diced grape tomatoes for cherry. Sprinkled with S&P - heavy on the pepper and and Parmesan cheese. Very tasty! I baked the full 18 minutes and let rest 5. I made 8 and only one of the yolks was soft with a little run to it. Will cook just a little less next time because we like the yolk a little runny. Thanks for sharing, this one is a keeper!
My family didn't like these as much as I thought they would. I baked for the suggested 18 minutes, and the yolks were very firm, so it tasted like a hard boiled egg. I don't know why I was expecting something more along the lines of soft-boiled or poached. I might try these again and cook for a shorter time, since my family really likes soft yolks.
These are a great idea & easy to whip up.. only thing is a little on the bland side. Added a tablespoon of wholegrain mustard, & will add extra herbs or something next time. Would definitely make again though! Thanks for posting!