1/1 Photo of Ham, Leek, Egg & Cheese Pies
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A quick and easy dish which can be served as a starter or for breakfast, brunch or lunch. My adaptation of a recipe Australian cook Iain Hewitson (Huey) adapted from a recipe by London food writer Jill Dupleix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 -2 leek, thoroughly washed and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 slices ham
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups cream (preferably a thick cream, reduced or low fat is fine)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Preheat oven to 170°-180°C.
- 2Heat the oil in a pan and gently sauté the leeks and garlic until tender. Season to taste (if adding salt, remember that the ham will add some saltiness).
- 3Cut the ham into rounds and place in deep muffin trays. Top with the leek and garlic mixture, gently pressing down, and carefully break an egg into each muffin recess.
- 4Top each pie with a small dollop of cream and the cheeses. Then cook the pies in the oven for about 12 minutes or until the eggs are just set.
- 5Leave the pies in the muffin tray for about 5 minutes before unmoulding and serving hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham, Leek, Egg & Cheese Pies
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.4
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 337.7 mg
- Sodium 492.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: