A simple to make any-time snack which can be eaten warm or at room temperature, and just watch them disappear at children's parties! From an October 2005 issue of the Australian magazine 'Fresh Living'.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl and rub the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs; stir in the milk with a flat-bladed knife until the mixture comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead gently.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out each portion to a 15cm x 30cm rectangle.
- Spread each portion with pasta sauce, sprinkle with ham, pineapple and cheese and roll up from the longer side to enclose the filling.
- Trim the ends if necessary.
- Cut into 2cm wide pieces with a lightly floured serrated-edge knife and place the scrolls onto a lightly greased tray, allowing room for them spreading.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.