1/1 Photo of Ham, Pumpkin and Pea Risotto
I found this on an excellent Aussie site called Healthy Food Guide.com.au I modified slightly it to suit us but you can check out the original on the site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups low-fat chicken stock, kept on the stove at a simmer
- 75 g lean ham, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 sage leaves, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 20 g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180c.
- 2Spray a baking tay and scatter over the pumpkin . Spray the pumpkin with more oil. Cook for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- 3Meanwhile, place the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat (I use my non-stick wok). Add the garlic and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, until soft. Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute. Add the white wine and cook until evaporated. Add the stock a ladle-full at a time; as each lot absorbs, add the next one, until the rice is cooked but still firm (al dente).
- 4Add the peas, pumpkin, ham, parsley and stir through. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir through the grated parmesan cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham, Pumpkin and Pea Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.8
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 660.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken stock