1/3 Photos of Healthy Chicken and Vegetable Sausage Rolls
bluemoon downunder's Note:
This is one of several recipes in the October 2005 issue of the Australian magazine ‘Delicious’ in an article featuring food that children will find delicious and which is therefore ideal for serving at children’s parties. I have also posted Open Roast Pumpkin & Feta Pies. And if you're looking for other tasty variations on sausage rolls, many of which will also appeal to children, you may like to try my Huey's Lamb Sausage Rolls, Chicken and Ricotta Sausage Rolls, Pork and Cranberry Sausage Rolls or Sausage Rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 500 g chicken breasts, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten egg
- 1 extra lightly beaten egg
- salt, to taste
- 1 zucchini, finely grated
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- tomatoes or sweet chili sauce, to serve
- 1Process the crumbs, chicken and unbeaten egg in a food processor until well combined, place in a bowl, mix well with vegetables and herbs, then season to taste.
- 2Place 1 pastry sheet on a floured surface and halve. Spoon an eighth of the mixture lengthways along the centre of each piece, fold 1 edge of the pastry over and tuck in beside the filling, then fold over the other side to make a roll, pressing down lightly to seal. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling, cut the rolls into 3cm pieces and cut two small incisions into each roll to prevent splitting.
- 3Place the rolls onto baking sheets and chill for 30 minutes, brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- 4Bake for 25-30 minutes until the rolls are lightly browned and cooked through.
- 5Serve with sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Chicken and Vegetable Sausage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1923 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 49.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs