Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is by Arianne Sprat from 9am with David & Kim. Thought it looked great so have posted it here for safe-keeping. A great one for those fussy eaters who don't like dried fruit in their cereal.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup rolled barley
- 1 cup rolled wheat flakes
- 1 cup rolled rye flakes
- 1 cup buckwheat groats, puffs
- 1 cup textured soy protein flakes
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce or 1⁄2 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well until everything is really well combined.
- Spread mixture over 1 or 2 trays and bake at 160°C for 30 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes If the mixture appears to be getting too dark, but doesn't seem dried out, turn the oven down to 140°C.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before storing in airtight jars or containers.
Absolutely loved it! Low fat and low in sugar! I don't know if I got all the ingredients right,but I got everything was on the shelf in the store.Pretty sure that I didn't have protein flakes.Thanks for sharing.
Before looking at all the ingredients, I was ready to cut this recipe in half, but seeing all those great ingredients, I decided to make the whole thing, & I'm glad I did, 'cause THIS IS A VERY TASTY CEREAL! Of course, I eat mine with all kinds of fruit on top, but even by itself IT REALLY IS GOOD! Thanks for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday! cooking game]