This is a simple healthy alternative to frying fish and tastes great
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- 2Set oven rack to lowest position.
- 3Coat/spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 4In a shallow bowl whisk egg white with water.
- 5Toast Bread till dark brown.
- 6In a food processor combine the toast with cheese and next 7 dry spices. Process until you have fine breadcrumbs.
- 7Dip the fish firstly into the egg whites allowing any excess to drip off.
- 8Place a small amount of the crumb mixture onto a plate then coat in the breadcrumb mixture pressing down with hands to firmly pack the coating onto the fish adding more crumbs onto the plate as needed to coat each fillet (do not use the whole amount of crumbs on the plate at one time or they may get soggy).
- 9Place the breaded fish onto baking sheet.
- 10Bake in preheated 220 degree C oven for about 10 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork (baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillets do not over cook the fillets).
Browse Our Top Freshwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Freshwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Low Fat Baked Fish
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.3
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 100.7 mg
- Sodium 307.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 46.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: