Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple healthy alternative to frying fish and tastes great
Make and share this Healthy Low Fat Baked Fish recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Set oven rack to lowest position.
- Coat/spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl whisk egg white with water.
- Toast Bread till dark brown.
- In a food processor combine the toast with cheese and next 7 dry spices. Process until you have fine breadcrumbs.
- Dip the fish firstly into the egg whites allowing any excess to drip off.
- Place a small amount of the crumb mixture onto a plate then coat in the breadcrumb mixture pressing down with hands to firmly pack the coating onto the fish adding more crumbs onto the plate as needed to coat each fillet (do not use the whole amount of crumbs on the plate at one time or they may get soggy).
- Place the breaded fish onto baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 220 degree C oven for about 10 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork (baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillets do not over cook the fillets).
This turned out very nice. I used store bought Panko crumba and 1/2 the ask for cheese (the fine Parmesan from the deli) and the rest by the recipe. The fish (catfish) came out a lovely light brown and the crust stayed on beautifully. DH and I both enjoyed it. Made for PAC, Fall 2012