1/1 Photo of Herb and Goat Cheese Pizza
This pizza combines the earthiness of sage, rosemary, and thyme in an aromatic topping. Sage and rosemary impart a slightly piney flavor with citrus undertones. And thyme, with a trace of clove and pepper, enhances almost any food! Then add the yummy goat cheese and you have a winner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) whole-wheat pizza crusts or 1 (10 ounce) prepared whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 2 large roma tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 12 fresh sage leaves, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped for garnish (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2Place prepared pizza crust on a baking sheet.
- 3In a large skillet, heat olive oil and sauté onion for 5–8 minutes or until tender. Add sliced garlic, if using, and cook 1 more minute. Spread onions and garlic evenly over pizza crust, then top with tomato slices, spreading evenly to the edges. Top with cheese.
- 4Bake for 5 minutes, then sprinkle sage, thyme, and rosemary evenly over pizza.
- 5Return to oven and bake for 5–7 minutes more, or until tomatoes are hot and cheese has melted. Sprinkle parsley over top.
- 6Cut into wedges with a pizza cutter and serve!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb and Goat Cheese Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.0
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 74.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves