Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw this in a magazine and thought it'd be good served alongside an antipasto platter.
Make and share this Herb and Walnut Frittata with Balsamic Vinegar recipe from Food.com.
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 -12 sage leaves
- aged balsamic vinegar, to serve
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Combine the eggs and parsley in a bowl and whisk until well combined, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil in a 24cm non-stick frypan, add the onions, chopped sage and rosemary and walnuts and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg mixture and combine well, then cook over medium heat without stirring, until the top is nearly set.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and top with the whole sage leaves, then place under a hot broiler and cook until the top is browned.
- Cool slightly then slide onto a serving plate.
- Serve in wedges, drizzled with a little of the extra olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar.